Modern society has been creating many temptations that encourage you to spend as much as possible. This fact makes many of us forget the importance of cash reserves, which can be helpful in difficult times. Once you start to put some cash aside, you will create an emergency fund that will protect your long-term savings. In case you need some money ultra-fast, you may apply to the payday loans app.
Using your emergency cash will spare you from the withdrawal of your finances from your retirement account, which in turn helps you to avoid penalty taxes for early withdrawal. The availability of such extra cash will make you confident, and there will be peace of mind when you do not have to worry about any possible adversities on your way.
Relevant Amounts of Emergency Cash
Your emergency fund must contain at least a three-month amount of your living costs. That is, if you need an average of 4,000 USD to pay for all your fixed charges, your minimum fund must have at least 12,000 USD in cash.
In case you have somebody who depends on you as far as finances are concerned, like your kids or your elderly parents, your emergency cash savings must contain at least the amount of living charges enough for six months. This is particularly true concerning those who have risky jobs, like airplane pilots, firefighters, or police officers.
When you reach the ability to save a relevant volume of savings, aim for a new target to achieve a twelve-month amount of living outlay for your cash savings. In case your salary is high enough, try to make 100 thousand USD set aside. Many people who have high wages are possessed sometimes with the idea of investing as much as possible, which leaves them with no liquidity in hard times.
Safe Places for Investment
Having emergency cash does not mean that you need to keep it in your safe at home. It would be great to put it to some account with easy access. Do not invest it in stocks. Avoid anything that implies a penalty for withdrawal or a large interest rate. Even though there are no completely safe investments, we may find some options with the lowest risk.
Eight Reasons to Build an Emergency Fund
- You are protected despite a job loss.
- Emergency savings will help you with health issues and the rest of similar problems.
- It gives you an opportunity to make an investment in something promising and profitable.
- You are capable of saving your finances without selling your assets in case of a low market.
- You may abscond from tax penalties in case you are forced to withdraw your money from your retirement account earlier than planned.
- It brings peace to your heart and diminishes any stress that influences your health.
- Reduces to nothing family quarrels.
- Creates a buffer against unexpected charges when it comes to casual repairs.