ADDITIONAL DIRECTOR (ADVISORY WING) IN LAW & PARLIAMENTARY AFFAIRS DEPARTMENT
COMMUNICATION SKILLS (Subjective + Objective) (100 Marks)
Objective: To test English language skills.
Mode: The Paper shall be subjective as well as objective.
- English Essay Preferable on Legal topic
- Knowledge of English Grammar and skills (MCQs based)
DRAFTING SKILLS (Subjective) (100 Marks)
Objective: To assess that the applicants possess drafting skills and familiarity with approaches to legislative drafting.
Mode: the Paper shall be subjective and problem-based.
- Type of legislative instruments and their relationship; Constitution, statutes Rules, Regulations, by-laws rules under the Constitution and Statutory codes of Conduct.
- Modern legislative and drafting techniques
- Essentials of Bills/Ordinances
- Legislative powers of the parliament and Provincial Assemblies and Interpretation of Statues
- Punjab General Clauses Act, 1956
- Drafting a Bill based on a given legislative policy
- Drafting rules based on an existing statute
PAPER-III (Subjective + Objective)
CONSTITUTIONAL & ADMINISTRATIVE LAW (100 Marks)
OBJECTIVE: To assess that the applicants have an understanding of the constitution and Administrative law and possess the knowledge of established principles of interpretation of constitutional and administrative law.
Mode: The paper shall be subjective as well as objective and problem-based.
Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan except for legislative powers
- Delegated legislation: Principles and controls (Legislative and Judicial)
- Administrative discretion: principles, controls, and safeguards
- Judicial review of administrative action
- Finality of administrative action (ouster clauses); concept and effect
- Judicial decisions and principles of Natural Justice
- Doctrines of ultra vires and promissory estoppel
- Law of Writs
CIVIL & CRIMINAL LAW (100 Marks) (Subjective + Objective)
OBJECTIVE: To assess the professional knowledge of and insight into civil and criminal law.
Mode: The paper shall be subjective as well as objective and problem based.
Civil Law (50 Marks)
- Contract & Torts
- Principles of Equity
- Company Law
- Land laws (ownership, possession, leases, license, easements, grants)
- Civil Procedure Code and Limitation Act
- Service Laws
Criminal Law (25 Marks)
- Fair trail
- Power of the Police to Investigate
- Trial Procedures
Part-III (25 Marks)
A case Study with questions designed to assess the ability of the candidate to analyze legal issues
PSYCHOLOGICAL ASSESSMENT AND VIVA VOCE
- Psychological Assessment
- Viva Voce