Exam & Result Management System (ERMS) Project in PHP and ASP.NET
Project Domain / Category
Abstract / Introduction
In modern educational Institutions, there is a great need to have an online Exam and Result Management System since students’ results are one of the most important articles of the business environment. In manual systems, teachers have to spend more time to input marks on tabulation sheet and to prepare students’ result than the time they spend to examine exam papers. Besides authorities need various types of result related reports by which they can take policy level decisions. Preparing these reports is time-consuming and troublesome. ERMS helps to prepare all these reports very easily.
Exam & Result Management System (ERMS) is an easy online application that automates and digitizes a lot of processes which involve student result processing. These processes range from students’ registration, examination, papers marking, approval of results, producing of students result in reports, summary, and charts, result in notification and publishing, transcript processing as well as customized result analysis to produce a performance analysis of courses, students, lecturers, departments or even faculties.
ERMS creates small but effective Profile data for both Student and Teacher. It has a smart summary report in the Dashboard or Homepage. It easily assigns Department, Subject, Teacher and Semester in the Registration process. It is user-friendly and supports integrated multiple User accounts with Authorized Panel and Front-end Admin authentication. In addition, ERMS encompasses a secure and monitored system that tracks and logs all the activities on the system.
Some of the functional requirements are:
- Login process/ authentication for teachers, administrative staff and students (Sign up and Sign in/ Sign out) to avoid unauthorized access
- Students’ registration in Courses (Class/section –wise)
- Course allocation to Teachers
- Subject-wise exams / tests Creation
- Class/subject –wise online marks entry facility
- Marks entry facility through Excel files
- To prepare Tabulation Sheet
- Marks editing facility
- Selection of Pass/Fail based on the Institute’s passing criteria
- Preparing the Result Card and Merit List
- Preparing Class/Group-wise Result
- Download / Print student-wise report card with student’s Photo
- Graphical view of students’ performance
Server side programming language: PHP
Scripting and styling languages: HTML and CSS
IDE: PHP Storm or NetBeans or any one of your choice
Localhost Server: WAMP or XAMPP