Last modified on May 27th, 2019
Applied Chemical Thermodynamics Universities Past Papers
Q.1 Attempt the following MCQs: 7*2=14
- Specific __________ does not change during phase change at constant temperature and
pressure. A: entropy B: Gibbs energy C: internal energy D: enthalpy
- The ideal gas law is applicable at _____. A: low T, low P B: high T, high P C: low T, high P D: high T, low P
- A reduced pressure of a gas is the ratio of its _________ A: pressure to critical pressure B: critical pressure to pressure C: pressure to pseudocritical pressure D: pseudocritical pressure to pressure.
- Entropy change for an irreversible process taking the system and surrounding together is ________.
A: 0 B: > 0 C: < 0 D: none of these
- Throttling process is a/an __________ process. A: reversible and isothermal B: irreversible and constant enthalpy C: reversible and constant entropy D: reversible and constant enthalpy.
- Heat of reaction at constant volume is identified with __________ change. A: enthalpy B: internal energy C: either (a) or (b) D: neither (a) nor (b).
- Free energy change at equilibrium is _____________. A: Zero, B: Positive C: Negative D: Intermediate
Question No: 02 7*2
- Define Refrigeration Cycle and prove its coefficient of performance.
Question No: 03 7*2
- Explain Kinetic Theory of Ideal Gases.
- Write the concept of an open and closed system with a cylindrical diagram.
Question No: 04 7*2
- Write and Sketch VAPOR POWER GENERATION
- Explain the duty of Compressor and Turbine in the same vapor generation cycle.
Question No: 05 7*2
- Prove Clapeyron Clausius Equation for two component system.
- Demonstrate the effect of temperature on the equilibrium constant with an example.
Question No: 06 7*2
- Write Fundamentals of the first law of thermodynamics in a term of Internal energy and Work done.
- Describe Kelvin Law of thermodynamics with practical examples.
Question No: 07 7*2
- Write for ideal and Real Gas.
- Explain cyclic processes of Carnot engine for the ideal gas system.
Question No: 08 Attempt only Two Questions. 7*2
- Define Entropy and STATE FUNCTIONS of an open system.
- Elaborate Enthalpy of the system for OPEN AND CLOSED SYSTEM.
- Explain individually the following systems: Isobaric system, Isochoric system, an adiabatic system.