Table of Contents
Advanced Qualitative Research Methods Universities past papers
Q1: Mark the following as True or False
- Generalization is the essence of research work
- Research is always problem oriented.
- A variable is a quantity that can change while a constant is a measurable representation of an abstract construct.
- Educational research I expert, systematic and accurate investigation.
- Content analysis and historical researches are one and the same thing.
- A teacher observing in his own class is a participant observer.
- Educational research would yield the same results whether conducted in USA, UK or Pakistan.
- Thesaurus and dictionary are opposite of each other.
- A library classification is an ingenious way of systematizing the placement and location of books.
- Theory can be used to predict further facts that should be found through research.
- Applied Sciences rely on Basic Sciences.
- Theories are systematic explanations of the underlying phenomenon or behavior.
- Descriptive research determines the” what, where and when’ while explanatory research tries to seek an explanation of a phenomenon.
- In educational research, the reliability of test scores can be defined as the consistency of scores obtained by the same individual on different occasions with different stages of equivalent items
Q2: What is meant by standardized tests and how can achieve standardization?
Q3: Discuss the merits and limitations of Interview method of seeking information.
Q4: Discuss the purpose and uses of the survey method in educational research.
Q5: List causes for the need of research generalization.
Q6: Describe three characteristics that distinguish qualitatively from quantitative research.
Q7: List the areas or fields of educational research.
Q8: Attempt any three of the following:
- Discuss the limitations of educational research.
- Where are most of the educational research conducted?
- What criteria should we use for the selection of research problems?
- Evaluation of the problem from a research point of view.
- How can we locate the sources of information for our research?