Applied Mechanics Universities Past Papers
Q.1 True/False Marks (14)
- Mass does not help motion.
- The two-dimensional size of a shape or a surface is its area.
- The distributed force is that whose place of application is not its point.
- The moment of a couple is known as torque.
- Kinematics deals with only the effect of force.
- When we hit a hockey stick, we give it an impulse.
- The recoil of a gun is an example of conservation of momentum.
Q.2 State with a neat sketch Parallelogram Law of Forces. Marks (14)
Q.3 Find the magnitude and the direction of the resultant of two forces 40 N and 60 N acting at a point with an inclined angle of 400 between them. The force of 60 N is horizontal. Marks(14)
Q.4 State and Prove Varignon Theorem for bodied under equilibrium conditions. Marks (14)
Q.5 Explain the graphical method for finding the resultant of parallel forces. Marks (14)
Q.6 A man and a boy carry a weight of 300 N between them by means of uniform pole 2 m long and weighing 100 N. Where must the weight be placed so that the man may bear twice as much of the weight as that of the boy? Marks (14)
Q.7 Define the term Limiting fraction. Marks (14)
Q.8 Write a short note on any two of the following: Marks (7,7)
- Angle of Repose
- Impulse and Impulse Force
- Properties of Couple