Online Freelance Marketplace Project in PHP or ASP.NET – SRS Document
Project Domain / Category:
Web-Based Project in PHP or ASP.NET – SRS Document
The online freelance marketplace is a web portal on which freelancers and employers interact with each other. In this platform, an employer usually posts a project and many freelancers bid on that project; the employer after reviewing the bids then awards the project to a specific freelancer with the most efficient bid. In this way the employer gets his job done and the freelancer earns money. Examples of such platforms are www.upwork.com, www.guru.com etc.
On other hand platforms like www.fiverr.com allows a freelancer to sell his services without indulging in bidding.
This project aims to develop a freelance marketplace where not only an employer could post a project for bidding but a freelancer could also offer his/her services for buyers.
Following are the key functional requirements of proposed Project:
- Sign In and User Registration
There will be four categories of Website users:
- Visitor (Unregistered User)
- Administrator (Admin)
- The visitor will be able to just see the available projects and bids on the website.
- The employer will have the privileges to Post jobs, Review bids, Award projects and other project related tasks on the website.
- Freelancer will have the rights of biding on a Project, checking bidding status; submitting the Project files to the employer and performing other Project related tasks.
- The administrator will be the user having all the rights of the website. Admin will also approve the registration requests from users.
- There will be Sign In the interface for registered users and Sign Up interface for unregistered users to register on the website as Employer and Freelancer.
- User management (Approving/rejecting user registration requests)
- User authentication (Conformation link shall be sent on user’s email address provided while registration)
- Employer Dashboard (proper interfaces for managing employer-related tasks)
- Freelancer Dashboard (proper interfaces for managing freelancer related tasks)
- Freelancer service selling interface
- Job/Projects Management for an employer
- Using this interface, the employer could:
- Post job
- Review bids
- Award projects
- Open Project Message Board
- Collect project related files
- Provide Project related information to Freelancer
- Other Project related tasks
- Job/Projects Management for a freelancer
- Using this interface, a freelancer could:
- Bid on a Project
- Check bidding status
- Reply to a Project Message
- Submit the Project files to the employer
- Other Project related tasks
- Admin Interface (An interface for the management of all admin related tasks)
- An interface to check to earn for a freelancer
- An interface to check to spend for an employer
- Project search interface for a freelancer
- Services search interface for an employer
Java, HTML, PHP, ASP.Net, SQL Server, MySQL, ASP.NET